The founder and owner of the company, Johan Rajamäki, was born in 1957 in Kannus, Finland. The family moved to Sweden in the early 60's. Early on, Johan had acquired a taste for speed. 1973 he started racing with go-carts and in 1978 he took the step up into Formula Vee. Johan went on to compete in various formula car classes in the 80's and 90's with great success, which resulted in several championship titles. What few people know is that John was about to become the 10th swede in Formula 1. After one of his greatest success, winning the BOSS series 1996, he was offered a test drive for Arrows F1 Team. Johan took the chance and impressed the team manager (Jackie Oliver) but unfortunately it couldn´t be because the financial resources were insufficient.
1996 Johan began to plan for an event company that would offer ordinary people the chance to drive a Formula 1 car and also get to drive as fast as they could. Many familiar with the motorsport world shook there heads and thought the idea was unrealistic but Johan "proved them wrong". Johan has not stopped racing altogether, he competes sporadically in the BOSS Series and Masters F1 with multiple podium positions as a result.
Fun trivia: Did you know that there are more people who have been in space than there are holders of a Super License! Johan has one of those desirable licenses.
Johan Rajamäki career in figures:
- 1981 Formula Super Vee Scandinavian Championship Runner-up
- 1982 Scandinavian Champion in the Super Vee
- 1985 Scandinavian Championship F3 Runner-up
- 1987 Swedish Champion F3 Class B
- 1990 Scandinavian Masters Formula Opel Lotus
- 1994 European Champion International Series footwork FA-12 Judd
- 1996 BOSS Champion footwork Arrows FA-13 Judd V10
- 1997 BOSS Championship footwork Arrows FA-13 Judd V10 Runner-up
- 1998 Super Sport (group C) Tiga C2 Cosworth Champion